We will be holding some apple juicing sessions this coming weekend at 15 Mill Lane [directions] and would be delighted if you came along to join us. If you have some apples of your own that you would like juiced, bring them along or just drop by to see what’s happening and join in.
We were fortunate enough to be allowed to harvest the half dozen or so apples trees at the IVC orchard. As you can see from the photo at the top of the page, this resulted in quite a haul and will form the bulk of apples to be juiced.
- Sat. 10th September 10am–4pm
- Sun. 11th September 1:30pm–4pm
You are more than welcome to bring your own apples along for juicing or to take some juice away. Please bring some bottles or containers with you, as these will be in fairly short supply.
About the juicing
Obviously, we are all quite new to this, so a little patience will be required on the day. From speaking to someone much more experienced in these matters, we have gleaned the following rule of thumb information:
- One of the old green recycling boxes full of apples should produce around 6–8 litres of juice
- The juice will keep in the fridge for 3–4 days
- It will be better if you can use a bottle/container that has been sterilized
- The juice can be frozen and will keep considerably longer
We will try to make sure there are some signs out near the location.
[routeplanner destination=”15 Mill Lane, Histon, CB24 9HW” zoom=”15″ region=”Europe” geolocation=”false” travel_mode=”walking”]